Friday, April 21, 2006

Star Trek XI??

Reuters points to a Daily Variety report that says sci-fi saga Star Trek is headed for another big screen revival, this time thanks to Lost producer and Mission Impossible director J.J. Abrams (Jeez, this guy is everywhere these days.) (Hey, I didn't know he wrote the screenplay for Regarding Henry...my third favorite Harrison Ford movie.)

Now, Star Wars is my true love when it comes to space sagas, but I am a Trek fan (having been acquainted with it longer, since I remember watching the original series on weekday afternoons back in the pre-SW days). I think they oversaturated the market and quality took a hit in recent years. I thought niether of the last two movies, Nemesis nor Inssurection, where that good.

Maybe a reboot of the whole thing is in order and Abrams seems to know a thing or two about entertaining drama. And maybe they can pull off the kind of kick a$$ reincarnation that Battlestar Galactica has achieved (coincidentally orchestrated by a former Trek writer...who did the screenplays for the last good Trek movie, First Contact.)

Star Trek Set for 2008 Revival: Report [Reuters via Yahoo]
Five for Friday, Vol. 22: Favorite (non SW, non Indy) Harrison Ford Movies [Jonworld]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home