Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Lost Boy

OK, I admit it. I am a "Lost" fan. Probably my favorite show on TV these days now that "West Wing" is going away soon (though some argue it jumped the shark already). It just edges out "West Wing," "Battlestar Galactica," "The Daily Show," "My Name is Earl," "The Office," "House" and "Nip/Tuck" (and sometimes "Grey's Anatomy" but don't tell anyone) as my must-see prime time TV (thank goodness for DVR). Yeah, sure I miss "Seinfeld" (though I can catch it on DVD whenever) but these are good days for TV. So many great shows.

Anyway, I have been with "Lost" since the first episode aired and still think it has held up well as an entertaining, dark and mysterious show. Tonight was no different. So apparently the island can heal cancer, paralysis and impotence...hmmm...

Well, I do like to follow up each new episode by checking to see what the folks on the Net are seeing and thinking. Always can get some screen captures...such as "The Map."

Here's where I do most of my Lost board watching.

I personally don't think the show can last past 3 or 4 seasons. How long before most folks will stop caring whether or not those survivors are rescued from that weird island?? We'll see. Hopefully it'll be a fun ride.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How long before most folks will stop caring whether or not those survivors are rescued from that weird island??

You may be right. Even the best deserted-island television drama EVAR only lasted 3 seasons, though that was a boatload of episodes back then.

You'll know "Lost" is on its way out when The Harlem Globetrotters do a guest shot.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is my all time favorite list: "Lost" (love it), "Invasion"(I hate to admit it, but hey I also love Star Wars and Star Trek),"My Name is Earl" coming in at a close third, "House", "ER" (even though most of the characters I love are now gone) "Grey's Anatomy." I watch old episodes of "ER" and "Friends" frequently. I also have been with "Lost" since the beginning. What did we do before DVR?

10:28 PM  
Blogger JP said...

I think I agree, "jumping the shark" has probably jumped the shark because of overuse. But it was a clever use of the phrase and very apt since although I remember seeing the Happy Days episode where the Fonz literally jumped said shark, I was too young then to realize that it was a signal that the show had lost some coolness.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home