Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Because I Said So!

The president resorted yesterday to a version of every parent's favorite refrain when your judgement is doubted and you've no better defense.

The scene was media questioning of criticisms by several former generals of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfield's job performance re: Iraq.

"I hear the voices and I read the front page and I know the speculation but I'm the decider and I decide what is best and what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the Secretary of defense."
My buddy Scott has this comparison:

"Doesn't he sound like the fascist dad in every bad teen-rebellion comedy of the 80s? "As long as you're under MY roof, in MY country, you'll live by MY rules!

"Which would be funny, if I didn't believe that was actually the way he thinks."

Bush: 'I'm the Decider and I Decide What is Best' [Crooks and Liars]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home