Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Yeah, It's the Same, Only Different

The gnashing of teeth in the media increases over the vice president's reticence in releasing information his accidental shooting of a hunting buddy and the withholding of any announcement of the incident - even to his boss - by a day. The Drudge Report seems to want us to draw a parallel to Democratic leader Henry Reid withholding announcement of a stroke. The headlines are placed next to each other - in true passive aggressive Drudgian fashion:

Man Shot by Cheney to Remain Hospitalized...

NYT: CHENEY FACES GRAND JURY INVESTIGATION IF MAN DIES...

FLASHBACK: Dem Leader Reid Hid Stroke News For 3 days...

Yeah, holding back on releasing info on a shooting is the same as not talking about a stroke.

Yeah, right.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ain’t it so…..Ain't it so…..!

PS – Contact me through my website JP when you get a chance. I would like to get an email address so I can contact you privately. Seem to have misplaced the one you gave me a while back.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was waiting and waiting for one of the neocon artists to go back to the "Clinton did the same thing!" well that they're always dipping from, once they could find an angle.

Although I guess you COULD say that Clinton did shoot a friend in the face once, accidentally...but she survived.

Whoops, there goes the level of discourse...sorry...my bad...

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home