Thursday, February 09, 2006

Don't Bet On It

The hockey world is all a tither over a gambling scandal and it has ensnared some big names - The Great One's wife - Mrs. Wayne "I was in that awful Footloose-esque movie 'American Anthem' that tried to make gymnastics hip back in the 1980s" Gretzky.

Our Vegas-based friend Murray, who dabbles more than a little (and usually successfully I might add), is non-plussed by all the attention. "I think 90% of the US adults have made a sports bet in their life. If it's a million dollars or a hundred dollars, loser buys the beers, March Madness brackets: it's all relative the amount you bet. Should we be shocked that people who have more money bet more money?"

LT points out the "spirited" defense that Mr. Wayne Gretzky provided for his wife. "First of all, my wife is my best friend," Gretzky said. "My love for her is deeper than anything. The reality is, I'm not involved, I wasn't involved and I'm not going to be involved. Am I concerned for both of them? Sure there's concern from me. I'm more worried about them than me. ... I'm trying to figure it all out."

Says LT: "Now there's a man in love, one we can tell truly trusts his wife and will defend her to the death. Or at least until he finds out how much she lost betting the Seahawks on Sunday."

NHL Grants Coach Indefinite Leave [AP via Yahoo!]
Operation Slapshot [Murray's View on Sports]
What The H-E-Double Hockeysticks?! [Dashboard]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home