Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Uncle Owen, RIP


A member of the Star Wars universe has died. Actor Phil Brown, who played Luke's Uncle Owen in Episode IV died last week. He was 89.

You remember the scene, when Luke storms off after his uncle won't let him leave Tatooine.
Aunt Beru: "Owen, he can't stay here forever, most of his friends have gone. It means so much to him.
Uncle Owen: "Well, I'll make it up to him next year, I promise."
Beru: "Luke's just not a farmer, Owen. He has too much of his father in him."
Owen: "That's what I'm afraid of." [foreshadowing future events...and Luke's lineage]

Brown once told the Baltimore Sun: It was "a very small part by comparison to the roles I had previously played. To be quite frank, I never gave it a thought again."

'Star Wars' Uncle Phil Brown Dies at 89 [AP via Yahoo!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home