Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Monday..errr Tuesday Download

Stuff catching my attention this morning:

David Lee Roth buzzdee-buzzdee bops his way onto the airwaves to try to fill the shoes of Howard Stern. Roth is 50 now. 50?!?

Throw another blog on the fire, he says, and the Internets will indulge. Buddy Mike or, as we from our circle of Univ of Ark/Apt 108 alums know him: Murray, launches his blog, Murray's View on Sports. Murray focuses on his love of sports and, in his early Jan. 2 post picks Ohio State over Notre Dame in the Fiesta and Georgia over West Virginia in the Sugar. So he was half right.

This is a couple days old but still interesting: Matt Drudge, King of the Box Office? Can his snarky Web site, make or break a movie? Some say yes and offer up King Kong as proof.

3 Comments:

Blogger starbender said...

Happy New Year!

Hmm... I listened to David this morning... Yuck.. He sucks!
It was very B-O-R-I-N-G!
I went back 2 WMMS.
I wasn't really a BIG fan of Howard, but I must admit... I miss him :(
I refuse 2 pay 4 radio, it's bad enough we have 2 pay for TV!!!
:)

9:32 AM  
Blogger JP said...

That's a shame. Maybe Diamond Dave will hit his stride soon. When I saw him back in 89-90ish, one of the best concerts I'd seen. Steve Vai on guitar...the boxing ring. Very entertaining.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Count me as a big fan of pay for radio. I finally got XM Radio over the holidays, which Ironically in terms of this discussion is not where Stern landed (he went to Sirius), and I love it. I suppose it depends on the radio available in your area and your tastes, but "free" radio has sucked for several years around here.

As for Diamond Dave, I can't imagine him as interesting as Stern just because Stern was willing to look like an idiot to entertain his audience and Dave seems to be more, well, Dave-centered.

There's my $0.02 worth.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home