Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Bush Says Bad Info Led Him to Right Decision

Wonkette helps me make some sense of the president's speech today where he took responsibility for going to war in Iraq, conceded the decision was made using intelligence that proved to be mostly wrong...but it was still the right decision. It gives me a headache to follow the logic...or lack thereof.

Leaves me wondering a few of things: Have we caught bin Laden yet?
How are things in Afghanistan?
What specific intelligence was wrong?
What good intelligence might have been ignored because it didn't lead to that "right" decision?
Why weren't we welcomed as liberators?
Why did we seem to misjudge the post war military/security needs so badly?
Why wasn't the "Mission Accomplished" when the president said it was?
Why wasn't the insurgency in the "last throes" as the vice president said almost six months ago?

I still have strongly conflicted feelings about Iraq. And concerns about what will happen when we eventually leave. Hussein definitely a bad man. But I sure feel we were pushed to war there (especially when I think Afghanistan shoulda been "Mission Accomplished" first). I had no question about the need and timing for deposing al-Queda there, but I feel like the country was sold a bill of goods on Iraq in order to test neo-con geopolitical theory.

Bush Admits Responsibility for Bad Intelligence... [Wonkette]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home