Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Hey, I'm on TV

I was just minding my own business yesterday, trying to work, and end up on TV. Not the first time. I remember being in the background of shots every once in a while while a newspaper reporter.

Anyway, I was on assignment, writing a Web story for UAMS about middleweight champion Jermain Taylor's visit to the UAMS-UALR Stuttering Research and Treatment Center. The TV folks were there as Taylor talked with some of the center's students about his own problem with stuttering.

It was a nice gesture on his part. He talked to the students, ranging from adult to as young as 4, for a while, answering questions. Then he posed for some pictures before doing some TV interviews.

He struggled with stuttering as a child. Made fun of. Scared of being called on to read in class. But as he said, he didn't let that problem hold him back. The kids in the audience were in awe.

But anyway, check out this video and you can see me and my navy and plaid shirt in the background of the first shot, taking notes and looking on as Taylor talks.

Jermain Taylor Inspires Kids at Speech Clinic [Fox16]
Jermain Taylor Speaks at UAMS-UALR Stuttering Clinic [KATV]
Boxing Champ Encourages Kids Who Stutter [KTHV]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home