Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What Has Jon Been Listening to For 3 Months?

Been a while since I did a music list based on my iPod playcount. The summer got busy. I was fortunate enough to get in on two vacations: a family trip to St. Louis and the anniversary trip to Hawaii. My iPod went along both times to provide the soundtrack.

Here's an expanded look at what I've listened to the most from June 19 through Sept. 19:

1. Walk Away - Franz Ferdinand - Haunting melodies and a jangly, Doors-sounding tune.
2. Through Fire and Flames - DragonForce - Sounds like Dream Theater on meth. Super fast guitar. Love the video with the guitarist drinking a beer while the other solos, only to put his beer down and come back with a blistering guitar response.
3. Fury - Prince - Old School Joint by the New Funk Soldier...or something like that. Liked this rocking tune since seeing Prince do it on SNL with even more guitar.
4. When You Were Young - The Killers
5. Call Me When You're Sober - Evanesence
6. Tell Me Baby - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Ever since I got Stadium Arcadium, I thought the chorus on this one was one of the catchiest I'd heard in a while.
7. American Witch - Rob Zombie
8. Stuck With You - Green Day - Been in a GD mood lately and always loved this one off "Insomniac."
9. Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers
10. Land of Confusion - Disturbed - Surprisingly straight forward, yet heavier take on the Genesis song from the 80s.
11. The Fallen - Franz Ferdinand
12. Too Fast for Love - Motley Crue
13. The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
14. Don't Tell Me You Love Me - Night Ranger - A cheese rock classic in my book. I recently put together a playlist of songs I'd cover were I famous enough to do a tribue album (like Def Leps recent). That's where the Green Day, Crue and this one come from.
15. Snow (Hey Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home