Wednesday, July 05, 2006

So Boom!

The whole Jonworld Family enjoyed Sherwood Family Festival last night, spreading out a blanket at crowded Sherwood Forest to await the fireworks.

Just as the fireworks show got underway, 4-year-old Alli says, "I need to go to the bathroom real bad. I don't want to watch the fireworks." Well, she did return after a trip to the Port-o-Potty and sat through the rest of the show. She later admitted she was glad she stayed.

On the walk to the car, 6-year-old Lucas asks this nugget (without any apparent set up): "Did you like it better when I was in mommy's tummy or do you like it better now when you have two extra people in your family?"

Caught a couple of camera phone shots of the fireworks - like the one above. Guess I'm glad I didn't photograph any kids and post em. After reading this, I think it's well-intentioned but kind of a misguided and silly position to take.

City Tells Photographer It Doesn't Want Pictures of Kids' Sports on Web (subscription required) [Arkansas Democrat-Gazette]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home