Monday, June 12, 2006

Seven for Sunday, 6/11

Changes are afoot on the music list, some obvious, some percolating just out of the top 7. Finally downloaded the Franz Ferdinand album "You Could Have It So Much Better." Had been holding off, despite liking every single off the first two albums so far. Just had a gnawing concern I wouldn't like much past the singles.

Fear not, the album, is pretty solid, I thought. It's loud and jangly and fun and funny. It is bound to get a good listening to in the coming weeks, along with the latest Rob Zombie. Although I've had Educated Horses a couple of weeks, it really started to catch on last week.

So what have I been listening to? Here's a list, based on my iPod playcount:

1. Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers - But the RHCP stay strong.
2. 20th Century Boy - Def Leppard - A loud and delightful throwback.
3. The Fallen - Franz Ferdinand
4. Walk Away - Franz Ferdinand
5. Foxy, Foxy - Rob Zombie
6. Whatsername - Green Day - Nice bit of nostalgia surely we all feel at some point. "I remember the face but I can't recall the name/Now I wonder how whatsername has been"
7. No Way Back - Foo Fighters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home