Monday, July 17, 2006

YouTube, MyTube...Really, It's a Series of Tubes

I'm as much a follower as the next guy. I've been enjoying the YouTube site with its massive amounts of video clips. I get nostalgic looking at old Duran Duran videos...laugh at the classic (and informative) Animanics "Countries of the World"...enjoy all the viral videos of the moment.

You know. I laughed. But maybe Ted Stevens was right when he said:
"The Internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a truck. It's a series of tubes."
Or maybe he's just a crazy old man who doesn't really know jack sh!t about computers or the Internet.

What's that Sen. Stevens:
"I just the other day got - an Internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why? Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the Internet commercially."
YouTube Serves Up 100 Million Videos a Day Online [Reuters]
Internet 'Tubes' Speech Turns Spotlight, Ridicule Onto Sen. Stevens [San Jose Mercury News]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home