Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Catching Up: Katrina Fatigue and Rockstar

So I'll try to catch up on some stuff I had meant to blog over the last few days. Been trying to get back in the blogging swing but between work and work at home, blogging time is really tight. I'm sure you can relate, right?

Liked Wash Post media writer Howard Kurtz's take over the weekend about "Katrina fatigue" by the media and the public. So much of the city is still a wreck eight months after the hurricane, but we all tend to get distracted by other stuff.
"Like many Americans, I've followed the Katrina story closely, but then tuned out for days when other news or the daily strains of life intervened. After eight months you assume they must be making some progress. ... But then you come here and see the devastation up close, and discover that things are far worse than you imagined."
Now I was skeptical about Rockstar INXS, but it turned out to be a fun summer diversion. Now I'm sketical again, because I have been a huge Jason Newsted fan from back when he was kicking out the low end of the jams with Metallica. Now he'll be playing bass for a new "supergroup" being formed for this season's take on Rockstar...and he will join Tommy Lee and Gilby Clarke to find a new singer. I'll tune in to see.

And I know it's been floating around the Internets but a friend just sent me this clip via YouTube...and it's pretty amazing.

Nicely done viral marketing for Lost. And here too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home