Monday, March 27, 2006

NCAA: Put Up Your Dukes

So, when filling out my bracket for the men's basketball tournament, I first went crazy and filled Florida in as the national championship. Then, on the morning of the first day of the tournament, I chickened out and went safe - predicting the top-seeded Duke Blue Devils to win it all, over other favorite, UConn.

And so it goes. I loved seeing LSU beat Duke, even though it wrecked my bracket. Not that it was already screwed when Bradley upset another Final Four pick, Kansas, the supposed hottest team in the country.

So, I ended up getting one Final Four pick: Florida. And I won't win my group contest with 11 friends, coworkers and a cousin. But Official Wife of JP probably will win. And I didn't even give her any advice and she beat my butt. Going into the Elite Eight, she was the only one in our group to have not lost a Final Four pick. That ended over the weekend, but she's still the only one in the group who hasn't lost her pick to win it all - UCLA. Looks like she'll be cheering for the Bruins, while I cheer for Big Baby and the LSU Tigers.

How about that supposedly weak SEC, BTW. Two teams in the Final Four. No ACC...No Big East...No Big Ten...No Big 12. :P

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the wife is probably beating you BECAUSE you gave her no advice, not in spite of that fact.

Go Patriots!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home