Friday, March 24, 2006

Overhyped Bands: Brought to You by the Word 'The'

Seems some self-described "bitter computer geeks" at boston.com have put together a list of bands they feel have been over-hyped by the critics. They seem to have something against, as LT calls em, "definite article" bands...

You know: The Artic Monkeys, The Strokes, The Killers (hey, I like The Killers), The Libertines, The Vines, The Streets and The Steven Seagal. Err wait, no, "the" on the last one.

I think I'd agree on a lot of these. I mean heck, The Artic Monkeys' debut album ranked ahead of The Beatles and The Clash on a best album of all time list??!?! But what do I know, my tastes are pretty low brow when compared to your typical music snob...I mean critic.

Thanks to Pop Candy for pointing Jonworld in that direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home