Wednesday, November 30, 2005

She Has My Job!!

OK, I've been quite envious since I discovered USA Today's Whitney Matheson and her pop culture blog. Sure, I could diss or nitpick, but really, I think she has a good feel for all of the Seinfeldian "nothing" that dominates popular culture.

Everytime I stop off, she leads me to something new or interesting or to another angle on something I knew about. This time around its word of the latest incarnation of the Rock And Roll Fantasy Camp. Next year's featured artists include Journey's Neal Schon and The Who's Roger Daltrey. Camp counselors include Kip Winger and fellow bassists Jack Blades of Night Ranger and Jeff Pilson of Dokken.

Whooo-hooo! I am an 80s metal nut, as most friends of JP know too well, and Blades was always underrated as both a musician and a songwriter ("Don't Tell Me You Love Me" is one of my all-time favorites). And you better believe I was rockin' with Dokken - Pilson did an admirable job of providing the background for my favorite metal guitarist George Lynch. And diss Winger if you wish (and certainly there were some groan-inducing moments) but he served up some tasty music in the 80s with "Madelaine."

Pop Candy [USA Today]
Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home