Monday, November 28, 2005

Seven for Sunday, 11/27/05

OK, I didn't see this coming. A new number 1 on the JP iPod for the week but not from someone you might expect from me.

Last Sunday, I was watching VH-1 Classic's "Classic/Current" segment and heard the new Madonna single, "Hung Up." The infectious 70s-sounding Euro dance groove wormed its way into my head, then I went and downloaded the song from iTunes.

I'm not your average Madonna fan, but I do think she has had a knack over the years for turning out some good music. My acquaintance with her work goes back to when I spent my birthday money to go get "Like a Virgin" on cassette (along with Prince's "Purple Rain" (still an all-time favorite album) soundtrack and Hall & Oates' "Big Bam Boom.") C'mon, I was 13 at the time and those were the big hits of the moment.

For the week ending 11/26/05 (last week):
1. Hung Up - Madonna (-)
2. DOA - Foo Fighters (1)
3. Hypnotize - System of a Down (2)
4. Bat Country - Avenged Sevenfold (4)
5. Rock of Ages - Def Leppard (-) - My Hair Metal playlist was popular with me this week.
6. One Way Ticket - The Darkness (3)
7. Only - Nine Inch Nails (6)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home