Monday, November 07, 2005

Seven for Sunday: Top 7 Songs

A new feature, running a day late (surprise), is a list of songs in heavy rotation on the JP iPod. But first some history. Way back in the days before iPods...in the infancy of MTV, the early 1980s, JP got addicted to music and lists.

I remember around the 5th-6th grade timeframe, waking up on Sundays to listen to Casey Kasem and the Top 40 countdown. And what could be better than that? Well, the next logical step: making my own countown of favorite songs. Ahhh...I remember when Toto's "Africa" was #1 on my countdown for too many weeks. Not sure what that says about me or my musical tastes but you had to have been there (a side note: saw that video on VH1 classic the other day...boy, how painfully cheesy were some of those early 80s videos, back before bandmembers had to look good to have a hit).

So I'm going to start this up and see where it goes. This list is based on the weekly play count on my iPod, which I'll reset every Sunday. Go check out this music.

For the week ending Saturday, Nov. 5:
1. DOA - Foo Fighters
2. Bat Country - Avenged Sevenfold
3. Hypnotize - System of a Down
4. Pretty Vegas - INXS
5. Do You Want To - Franz Ferdinand
6. Trees - Marty Casey
7. Only - Nine Inch Nails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home