Monday, October 17, 2005

Happy 15th Anniversary IMDb!

The Internet Movie Database celebrated its 15th anniversary today. Easily one of my favorite and most-visited Web sites with its endless warehouse of movie trivia and information.

The IMDB editors celebrated with a 15th anniversary site, tip-toeing through their own history along with the movies that got the highest ratings in the past 15 years. The site ranked the highest rated movies of the last 15 years, with a top 5 that included:

1. Fight Club
2. The Matrix
3. Pulp Fiction
4. The Usual Suspects
5. The Shawshank Redemption

Five really good movies. I never have quite gotten the fascination with Fight Club. Good movie, most certainly - but not better that Pulp Fiction or Shawshank or even The Matrix in my book. But that's me.

I cannot count how many times I've gotten lost on the site, following from movie to actor to movie to actor and finding all sorts of neat connections and nuggets. All hail the movie info king.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home