Tuesday, September 06, 2005

You Don't Have to Live Like A Refugee


Information overload out on the Internets. Headlines running together. Something about Gilligan being named Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court after Rehnquist died in the hurricane. That can't be right.

But all I keep hearing on the radio station in my head is Tom Petty's "Refugee," which as my friends know ... I am NOT a Petty fan...but I kinda dig this song.

The AP wonders: "What do you call people who have been driven from their homes with only the clothes on their backs, unsure if they will ever be able to return, and forced to build a new life in a strange place?"

Refugees or evacuees?

And if there was any doubt about Katrina's status as a crisis, now Michael Jackson is writing a song about it. Insert your own Michael Jackson joke here...or maybe I just did.

Use of the Word 'Refugee' Stirs Debate [AP via Yahoo!]
Michael Jackson Plans Single for Katrina Victims [Reuters via Yahoo!]
Bob Denver, TV's Gilligan, is Dead [AP via Yahoo!]
Senate to Begin Roberts Hearings on Monday [AP via Yahoo!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home